The Internet is the media of choice! The Web capitalizes on communications like no other media. Today, most of the USA population use search engines to find what they seek. Google, Bing and Yahoo, dominate the USA search engine market . With over 8 billion searches per month, search engines are the tool of choice for locating information. Learn more about search engine statistics and why they are so important to where you spend your advertising dollars.
Dental Practice Marketing Intelligence Reports
Being Found On the Internet
People are always looking for your products or services. Make it easy by being found. Provide an aesthetically pleasing interface that is easy to use and provide valuable information.
The best designed website will do little good if people can’t find it. We build websites from the ground up with a focus on web standards compliancy and being found through Search Engine Optimization (SEO) as well as several other methods of Internet marketing. A well designed website that is easy to find can be your best advertising return on investment. The Internet allows you to target market your business to motivated prospects who are searching for you. No other media offers so much for so little.
Organic Results - are natural listing of websites in search engine's results are called organic or natural listings. These are unpaid and trusted by the majority of searchers as the better sites that are returned from the search. The organic results are ordered in the listing based on the web content and the popularity of the web page. Organic results sometimes yield local results if the search implicitly specifies a geographic preference (e.g. "Chinese restaurant").
Pay Per Click (PPC) - allows you to buy an advertising spot with a link to your web page. The actual cost of the PPC ad has several variables that you should understand. First and foremost is understanding that a visitor is not a customer or a patient until they purchase or make an appointment. You should define what a customer is and how you will be able to measure new customers against PPC advertisements.
The cost to display the ad and the cost per click (CPC) have a number of variables that factor in. These include competitor ads, the quality of your PPC ad, budget, your landing page, geographic range of display, keywords, and match factors just to name a few variables that determine where your page will rank in ads placement and how much the click will actually cost.
Costs can run as low as 10 cents per click to over $50 per click based on the skills of the pay-per-click marketer, your competition, and the quality of the landing page.
Understand Google wants to make more money.
- Click Through Rate (CTR) = the number of times the ad is displayed divided by the number of times it is clicked. Low CTR increases the cost of the PPC and decreases the position of the ad on the page.
- Ad quality - If your ad does not entice visitors to click it, the cost per click (CPC) of the ad will increase and its placement among competing ads will decrease.
- Ad quality and your Landing page - Google accesses your landing page and ad copy together. High continuity of ad copy to landing page copy are factors in determining the actual CPC.
- Exact Match, Broad Match, Negative Keyword Match - There are many variables in the ad placement algorithm that you can tune to determine the display of your advertisement. Not understanding the PPC system and how to use it can result in costly mistakes.
- Click Fraud - when a competitor clicks your advertisement several times, you are charged for each click. It is the responsibility of the advertiser to review the advertisement charges, and ensure that click fraud is taking place. Advertisers must prove click fraud and request refunds.
- *** A professional marketing agent should have a thorough understand on PPC and how to target market your best audience for maximum return on investment of your advertising budget.
Charges are incurred when a visitor actually clicks through to your site. Ads can be run nationally or may be restricted to a geographic region. PPC should be used to initially scope your target market's response to keywords and then to augment competitive marketing where a return on Investment can be justified.